Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Doing Good

Well, day 3 is coming to an end, and I'm proud of myself. (for now)  I've been to two great workouts at PR and got my run in outside, which felt great.  My food has been my biggest struggle, which I knew it would be.  I wanted to plan ahead, but was falling asleep at the computer Sunday night and decided to get some sleep.

I've been entering everything on My Fitness Pal, and I love the site.  I used it a little over a year ago, but didn't use it for long.  I'm still at the entering new food stage, so it does take a little longer.  It's interesting to see how I love carbs!  I know what to eat, but actually following through is always a weakness of mine.  I'm hoping to figure out why through this program.

I was supposed to meditate last night, but just didn't.  I've never done meditation, so I'm not sure exactly what to do.  I'm going to try it here in a little bit, once my girls are asleep.  Meditating with them around wouldn't really work:)  I hope everyone else is doing well!  Just remember to take it one day at a time or even one hour at a time.  That's what I'm trying to do!

3 comments:

  1. And you should be proud of yourself (for now and always) !! Congrats on the workouts (sorry I missed you at PRFitness this week - I have a lousy cold that I didn't want to share). Until Chris gives you more specifics on meditation, just go to your most calming place in the home and sit with yourself, eyes closed, no judgment of if you are doing it the "right" way or not. Just enjoy some silent, still, peaceful time with beautiful you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that your days have been going well. What a great start! I'm a member of PR Fitness, too, but according to my new schedule only have M and W available to attend. And sometimes problems come up. I'm glad you were able to make it there. It's always wonderful there. They're so nice and encouraging. Did you end up getting the meditation in? I have to wait until my kiddos go to bed too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky - perfect way to approach things & with no expectations :).
    I found that when I first started meditation finding a small cosy place that I could close the door & knew no one would walk in was my best bet :)
    (even the bathroom)

    ReplyDelete