Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Roller Coaster

My last week and half has been a huge roller coaster.  Along with many others, my hormones have gotten the best of me.  My emotions have been all over the place.  I would go from being happy, to sad, to so mad at my husband, and then so mad at myself.  I was not putting myself first, like my goal had been this year, and therefore, fell of the wagon.  I didn't journal, which means I didn't even care enough about myself to care what I was eating.  I did make it to the gym, but still couldn't run because of the ice covered streets.  (My neighborhood doesn't believe in snow plows, so we still have ice...so annoying!)  I did yoga, which I love and don't ever want to miss.  I have even done extra yoga here at home.  I tried to meditate more, thinking that would help, but I just couldn't get into it.  So, now I'm trying to figure out how to get back into my nutrition and mental game.  I'm not worried about the fitness because I can't live without that!

I was encouraged by the post from Chris, which I just read, and I'm glad that how I'm feeling is common.  I'm now left trying to figure out if it was really the hormones making me feel the way I did or something more.  Only time will tell!

3 comments:

  1. STOP! Take a deep breath and move on!! You cannot do anything about the last few days, weather, eating crap, etc. It is done. Today is a new day and yours to choose how it will go. I KNOW you can do this, honestly if I am ;).
    Really, cut yourself some slack and get going. You are okay!!!
    Peace
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Beth's suggestion is spot-on. Sometimes getting some distance from a challenging week is the only way to see the "why" behind it. Keep on moving ahead and look back now and then to see if you have an "ah-ha" moment that sheds light on why it happened. If so, great. If not, you've still moved ahead and been good to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The others are right. It's over, right? Can't do anything about it now except totally kick this week's butt!! :) Hope you're doing better this week and feeling less emotional. Funny how we all seemed to float through the emotions around the same time.

    ReplyDelete